This is to inform Lagos State indigenes that are students in tertiary institutions across the country and are interested in obtaining 2016/2017 Local Scholarship award that sale of application forms will commence on Monday, November 14 and ends on Friday, December 23, 2016.
All applicants interested in taking part in the screening test are expected to pay and obtain a Treasuryreceipt of N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) only for the form.
All Payments should be made at the Office of the Special Adviser on Education, Block 5, Room 314, the Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja. Thereafter, Voucher PIN will be obtained at Lagos State Scholarship Board, 254 Ipaja Road, beside NYSC Orientation Camp, Agege. Afterward, the Voucher PIN will be used to log on to www.scholastica.ng to register.
Completed application forms must be submitted online along with the following scanned documents:
- Treasury receipt of N2,000 for Local scholarship form
- Letter of admission/ confirmation of studentship from the school authority
- Progress reports duly stamped and signed with minimum required Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate (CGPA):
(a)School with maximum CGPA of 7.0, a minimum point of 4.6/7.0 is eligible.
(b)School with maximum CGPA of 5.0, a minimum point of 3.5/5.0 is eligible.
(c)School with maximum CGPA of 4.0, a minimum point of 3.0/5.0 is eligible
- School identification card or Library card or Health Identity card.
- SSCE result.
The above (1-5) applies to Medical students in 200 level while a minimum grade of CREDIT is required for 300 level Medical students.
- Post Graduate applicants (Master’s Level), in addition to the documents above, must possess a minimum of second class upper, NYSC discharge Certificate or exemption letter must be uploaded.
- Post Graduate students (PHD level) in addition to documents 1-6 above, must also upload the following:
(a).Master’s degree certificate.
- Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASSRA) identification card of the applicant
Please note that successful applicants at the Computer Based Test (CBT) will be invited for the oral interview with the original and photocopies of the following documents:
(i)Congratulatory message from Dragnet
(ii) Evidence of indigeneshipfrom :
- Oba of your Village,Town or City; and
- Local Government Council or Local Council Development Area.
(iii)Letter of Admission.
(iv)Student’s Identity Card.
(vi) JAMB Result Slip.
(vii) Academic Certificates obtained (for Post Graduate applicants).
(viii) Current academic progress reports
(ix) Any other documentary evidence that can confirm your studentship status.